April 01, 2014

Simple Complexity


That's how I would describe this layout. The simple comes from the structure : two rectangles (a smaller one for the picture and a larger one for the pattern paper block) connected by an oversized title. Nothing could be more basic. As for complex, for me it would involve the type of artsy mixed media look with flowing watercolour washes and messy layered collage. Not my forte but fortunately this Studio Calico Lemon Lush paper takes all the hard work out of achieving complexity, no need to mess with paints or to deal with warping background or to fiddle with gluing ten little bits of paper cut-outs.     

b3
 
If I'm honest I have to admit to giving this paper a pass when I looked at the Lemon Lush collection at my LSS, zooming in instead on more geometric prints. So I really have to thank Trina for including it in this month's Citrus Twist Main Kit. It gives me the chance to go outside my comfort zone and create a page with a mixed media vibe. Something that is not really me but at the same time, every me.    

a3

Here's a sneak peak at the embellishments from the April Main Kit and the April Embellie Kit. If you are a subscriber, you can login to the Citrus Twist Shop now to see the full content list as well as to order your add-ons. If you wish to join us as a new subscriber, today's your last chance to take advantage of the offer to receive an extra free Main Kit (chose from September, October or December).

a4
 
 
Citrus Twist April Kits : Studio Calico Lemon Lush (Analytics, Loyalty, Flighty, Vellum Labels),  American Crafts DIY Shop (Chalkboard File Tabs, Chalk Badges), Citrus Twist Stamps, vellum

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful page, you really showed off that paper wonderfully and love the sneak!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love it...you made me giggle re: the MM thing..... I LOOOOVE This paper! And you've made it look gorgeous:):)

alexandra s.m. said...

Your style is always so so cool!
I love this Sandy!
TFS~

Miss Blue said...

Very very nice, i like it
Kiss from Lyon (FRance)

Electra said...

Both the page and tag are beautiful!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Wonderful page and pretty tag!:)

Denise van Deventer said...

Wonderful page and love the sentiment! Gorgeous tag too!