April 20, 2014

Creative Spree


I don't know where it comes from but I certainly hope it stays around for a while. I'm talking about the urge you get to be creative; the drive that makes you carry on crafting long after bedtime; the motivation to skip a favourite TV show in order to tweak a design. Since last week my crafty enthusiasm as been crazy high. I'm averaging a project every other day which is pretty remarkable for a general slow poke like me. Here's a look at one of them.

a7
This went out to Becky

Here create a card base from three pattern papers then pull out a handful of embellishments that fit the general mood of the papers. What goes where is intuitive as I layer smaller shapes on top of larger ones, mixing a bunch of textures within each embellishment cluster. In the close-up you can see a Wycinanka chipboard bracket turned on it's side, a vellum arrow and a fabric label sticker. Generally I pull more embellishments than I use but in this instance after I got everything onto the card, it still felt incomplete. The bottom right corner needed something. A rummage through my stash turned up a metal brad which, once glued down, acts like the perfect full stop for the design. 

d1
 
As much as I like the end product, it's the process of design I really enjoy and right now I'm on a thrilling journey of conceptualization, experimentation, development and execution. I've even taken out some divided page protectors and started toying with pocket scrapbooking. It's not quite project life yet but I can't wait to see where I go with this.


Supplies : Wycinanka Chipboard Bracket & Frame, Studio Calico Yearbook Tardy & Snippets Brad, Webster's Pages Sprinkled With Love Bright Eyes, Heidi Swapp Mixed Company Ephemera, Pink Paislee Color Wash Stickers, Echo Park Paper Here & Now Element Sticker, Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic 6x6 Paper Pad

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful! I especially love the vellum/transparency pieces and those bits peeking out from behind.

Lizzy Hill said...

There's gotta be SOME consolation for the holiday cancellation....& looks like this is it!!! I'm sure you'll get there eventually...& family is oh, so important....so this is your reward:) And BE STILL MY HEART...vellum ♥....looove...& that chippy...cleverly used....can't WAIT to see your pocket scrapping. I know I'll love it too:):)

Anya said...

Beautiful card! I love your card and page designs!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous card...love that pop of yellow! Love the different textures here! Stunning!

Heather McMahon said...

Don't you just love it when creativity strikes? This is fabulous yet again. I love your clean designs.