March 15, 2013

Conveying Reverence


This month the common theme in all my Citrus Twist layouts is the use of night photographs. This first is one of graphic simplicity where blocks of rectangles and squares are arranged in a visual triangle with it's long side forming a diagonal across the page.


This photo of me taken, during a moving Nepalese ceremony, by a fellow traveller with his state of the art camera really captures the mood of that moment. I decide not to scrap the dance ritual, instead choosing to tell the story of the sense of reverence I felt on that occasion.


To bring the feeling onto the page I use the pink ombre of Lucky Charm Bright Bauble in the background. The graduation of colour evokes a sense of reaching up to the light. That emotion is reinforced by placement of the title and the photo to form a diagonal starting with my gaze in the photo up to the glowing red gem.


I seldom scrap about myself and certainly not about something quite so personal so I'm thrilled by how this page turned out. If you like to find out about the 12x12 version and the accompanying sketch head over to the Citrus Twist blog on March 24th.


Linking up to these parties.

Citrus Twist March Kits : Studio Calico Darling Dear (Temple,  6x6 pad, Opaque Gems & Speech Bubbles Chipboard), Studio Calico Here and There Die-Cut Shapes, American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Bright Bauble, 5th &Frolic Sweet Street, God POW! Paper), KI Memories Flashback Blocks of Time, My Mind's Eye Collectable Notable (Layered Stickers & Cute Decorative Stickers)
others : black cardstock

5 comments:

noomiy said...

AMAZING page!

Bi Medeiros said...

Absolutely gorgeous, great photo and story too!!!

Rachel W K said...

so beautiful! thanks for sharing your personal photo and story :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Charlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sandy!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great post Sandy! Amazing experience captured in such a wonderful layout. TFS!:)