January 13, 2013

Mood Boards


One common dilemma most scrappers face is : what do I do with my paper scraps ? We all have bits and pieces left over after finishing our layouts and project life pages. Why not put them to good use by creating a home decor moodboard style layout ? My 8.5"x11" page is based on the wonderful examples found on Leslie Shewring's blog.


I've used lots of Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic snippets from the Citrus Twist January Project Life Kit. It's fun to just layer different sized paper scraps, one on top of another, to create little panels to hang on the board.


Textures play a big part in home decor so I incorporate lots of it on my layout. Fabric makes an appearance in the form of this burlap and linen heart, plastic in the shape of an acrylic button. There are also organic touches like a red feather and pearl-topped push-pins. Even the background gets a textured effect through the use a corrugated cardboard.


In this close-up you can see one of my favourite techniques for title and journaling work : using transparency. It allows me to indulge my passion for interesting fonts and creating an eye-catching where the words extend across two layers of paper.



Hope you like this idea for scrapping your stash. If you have a favourite blogger who creates home decor moodboards I hope you'll link me up as I'd love to be inspired.
 
Linking up to these parties.

Citrus Twist Jan Kits : American Crafts  (Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Dreamy Drive, Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic  6x6 Paper, Soho Garden Gramercy Park), Pebbles Family Phrase Cards, Crate Paper On Trend Chipboard, Echo Park Today's Story Amazing & Hello, MME The Sweetest Thing Honey Happiness Cheerful, Basic Grey Lucille Buttons,  Citrus Twist Exclusive Stamp & Vintage Canvas Heart
Others : Fancy Pants Corrugated Black Cardstock, pearl stick-pins, red feather

8 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

very nice, what a great use of scraps !!!
Paula

Ros Crawford said...

What a great idea ... Beautiful creation!

Christie Bryant said...

Whenever I visit your blog I am floored by your talent. You inspire me!!!

Mira said...

I love them all!

Carole RB said...

Hi Sandy

I love your mood board and this is a great way to use our scrap.

Have a great day!

designedbybh said...

I love it! Love the colors, love the layout, love the idea! Granted, I do love paper in general...
Thanks for sharing!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love Love what you did with your scraps!
Fabulous board indeed ;-)
Enjoy the week-end...

Jona Panesa said...

such a great idea!!!