December 16, 2012

Finally Snow !!


Living in tropical Singapore I rarely get the chance to use Winter collections. There just isn't any good reason to put snowmen, mittens or sleighs on my pages. So I'm thrilled to get this commission to create a mini-album about a ski-trip. Finally scrapping about snow !


I build this 16-page album using papers and tags of various sizes from the Citrus Twist December kit. All are folded in half and bound together by sewing a running stitch through each spine and securing them with kettle stitches. To keep the album pretty flat I didn't use bulky embellishments. Just flattish things like felt circle, wood veneer snowflake and shiny silver stars.


My favourite element is the stag silhouette which I handcut from a woodgrain paper. I was inspired by the latest Bond movie Skyfall and also by the uber cool Jennifer Johner. They are a great organic motif and add a lovely woodland charm to the album cover.


Red, a staple Christmas colour and so dominant in my december projects last year seem to have fallen out of favour with me lately. It's nowhere to be found in this month's layouts and cards. Instead I am crushing on neutrals with a dash of gold and sparkly silver. How about you ? What is your current Christmas colour palette ?


Linking up to these parties.

Citrus Twist Dec Kits : Echo Park (For the Record 2 Handwritten, This & That Christmas Wooden Nickels), Prima Fluid Chalk Ink Knotted Wood, Pink Paislee City Sidewalks Parcel Tags, Studio Calico (Wonderland Wood Veneer Snowflake, Yearbook Most Likely), MME (All is Bright Collage, The Sweetest Thing Honey One of a Kind Label Stickers), October Afternoon 9 to 5 Boardroom, Citrus Twist Vintage Felt Embellishment, silver sequin stars
others : October Afternoon Witch Hazel Tidbits

13 comments:

Jeanne J said...

Youre right - that stag is amazing - someone should commission you to create a die! So beautiful. I love the masculine look to your journal and all the great details!

chillin with Quillin said...

awesome, love the different prints and the stags are beautiful !!!!
Paula

Auntie Em said...

Your work is beautiful! I love the stags cut from the wood grain paper. Although I would love to be in your nice sunny place some wintry mornings I would miss snow too much to leave it behind. (I may rethink that some morning when it's -20 and snow and ice everywhere! lol)

Teresa said...

This is such a gorgeous album! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and your family and wish you the best for 2013!

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

beautiful ... love the deer!

Heather McMahon said...

This is sensational! I can understand your enthusiasm to do a winter album at last!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a beautiful idea. :)

Kate Vickers said...

That's really cool! I love the color pallet.

Kristy LifenReflection said...

Love this mini Sandy!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

The stag is perfect! This is quite beautiful. You are quite the talent. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

all that scrapbooking said...

wow! it's incredible! wonderful blog! I'm going to follow it! Thank You for Your nice words under my post! Glad that i could come here!

Jann Olson said...

This album is amazing! What a talent you have. I too love the stag. Great idea to stitch it together. I do alot of sewing, but have never heard of a kettle stitch. Not sure what it is. Now a new follower.
Hugs,
Jann

AllyJo said...

I love this. I want one now too. I'm curious what a kettle stitch is. I will google it. Seems like a nice way to keep the pages flat.