It's been a while since I post a tutorial so I thought I'll share an easy-to-make and fun-to-use project today. This is also a project that kids will enjoy so you can involve them in the crafting. It's created for Ruby Rock-It using their China Blue Tag Set.
- cut the dress pieces from two similar tags
- glue them together so the patterns are showing on the outside
- cut the hair pieces from black cardstock and 1 1/4" face piece from white cardstock
- sandwhich the face piece between the hair pieces and glue down
- insert the neck of the dress piece behind the face and glue down
Now that your china doll bookmarks are ready, you have several embellishment options. The neckline can be dressed up with 1/4" ribbon trim or border patterned paper strips. You can also try different hairstyles such as wavy banks or pin a flower to their hair with a brad.
Since my last post, I've found more ultramarine coloured supplies to giveaway. Just leave me a comment on this post about your favourite off-the-page project. On November 9th I'll draw a commenter to win these.
Linking up to these parties.
Ruby Rock-It Supplies : China Blue Tag Set, J'adore Lace, Bella! RSVP Cards BWR59 & BWR42