October 31, 2012

China Doll Bookmark Tutorial


It's been a while since I post a tutorial so I thought I'll share an easy-to-make and fun-to-use project today. This is also a project that kids will enjoy so you can involve them in the crafting.  It's created for Ruby Rock-It using their China Blue Tag Set.


Tutorial :
  • cut the dress pieces from two similar tags
  • glue them together so the patterns are showing on the outside
  • cut the hair pieces from black cardstock and 1 1/4" face piece from white cardstock
  • sandwhich the face piece between the hair pieces and glue down
  • insert the neck of the dress piece behind the face and glue down

Now that your china doll bookmarks are ready, you have several embellishment options. The neckline can be dressed up with 1/4" ribbon trim or border patterned paper strips. You can also try different hairstyles such as wavy banks or pin a flower to their hair with a brad.


Since my last post, I've found more ultramarine coloured supplies to giveaway. Just leave me a comment on this post about your favourite off-the-page project. On November 9th I'll draw a commenter to win these.



Linking up to these parties.


Ruby Rock-It Supplies : China Blue Tag Set,  J'adore Lace, Bella! RSVP Cards BWR59 & BWR42


24 comments:

Janet Zeppa said...

Oh my goodness Sandy how stinkin' cute are those china dolls!!
My favourite OTP projects are definitely cards.

Craftyhugs said...

These are just lovely china dolls. They are adorable and so inspiring. Hugs xx

Barbara Ford said...

Perfect for our day of making kids crafts to use for Christmas presents!

Sherry said...

OH my what gorgeous colours of blue.. this makes for a very pretty picture! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for checking out and leaving a sweet comment on my layout of my daughter playing in the leaves.

I'm going to have to check your whole blog out.. thanks for stopping in always great to look at the talent others have!

Sherry

Kaveri Barooah said...

So pretty and cute! I have to try make this :)

Debbie said...

The bookmarks are so cute! Love the use of blues! I haven't' ventured much into OTP projects with the exception of cards! Seeing a lot of mixed media canvases lately and getting the itch to give it a try!

Brenda said...

These are stunning!

Hilde/Scoobie said...

These are so cute, Angie - I need to try out the idea - thanks for sharing the tutorial.

As I alsways give away some home made all year round calendars for Christmas, I could use a few of these dolls to decorate it - I'll let you know when I'm done :-)

Wendy L said...

These dolls look great and could be used for alot of different projects. xxxx

Katiejane said...

This is such a clever idea! You are a very talented deigner. I love those colours, so rich and gorgeous.
Hope your Yoga helped with your thoughts and thanks so much for your sweet visit on my blog.
Have a great day.
Katie x

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Simply gorgeous Sandy.

crystalandakiko.com said...

so clever and cute...great idea!

Crystal

Carolyn said...

Sandy, Your work is always stunning and I just love these little doll bookmarks. Thank you so much for sharing your project on the Inspiration Board. I featured your wonderful creativity today!
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-inspiration-board-link-party_9.html
Have a great weekend!
Carolyn

MARIA said...

Thanks for the idea.
Mª José

Seraphina´s Phantasie said...

These bookmarks are wonderful. A fantastic idea. Thank you very much for this inspiration !

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

love these doll bookmarks! thanks :) I have a friend that will love to get one!

Annabellouise said...

These are adorable and would make great stocking suffers. Must make some.

Divya N said...

These are not just cute but unbelievably easy to do..thanks.Since I make and sell jewelry (my brand name sayuri is Japanese) I think I'll make some of these to include i nthe packaging

Beansieleigh said...

So SWEET! I have a relative in Japan who might like these tucked into her Christmas card! Thank you! ~tina

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely adorable!

jojo said...

J ADORE CE QUE VOUS FAITES VOUS CREEZ DES MERVEILLES VOTRE BLOG EST SUBLIME AMICALEMENT JOJO (FRANCE)

Meeha Meeha said...

Simply wonderful, Sandy, as always! I keep waiting for the beautiful dolls to jump out of the card and dance for me!

Fi said...

Okay seriously I would be here all day commenting, so many gorgeous 3D projects WOW!!! Going to bookmark this page so I can take a closer look.

Moviiee Thandura said...

Sandy's space is a lovely blog . i always love to look it.

with regards
thank you, if you know how to use google fonts on wordpress write it for me,

thank you,
http://mywptuts.blogspot.com