September 12, 2012

Hello Neighbour


Turn a corner in any mature housing estate in Singapore and you'll inevitably find someone rebuilding his home. My neighbourhood is no different. We have two remodels completed this year and one on-going with #15 generating the most talk among the house owners.


On my 12x12 layout, instead of filling the page with a large photo of this rather severe looking facde, I chose to zoom in on the details and show them off in a series of close-up photos that contrast the concrete and steel components against the organic landscaping.


The design story begins with lining up my collage photos in a tall thin column and balancing it with a horizontal title and journaling. That suggested to me a house with various cantilevered elements. I went with the idea and had fun with it. First adding a roof of patterned paper strips, then a porch for my title to perch comfortably on and even a photo dangling from the upper balcony.


Embellishment-wise I used green, echoing the foliage in the photo, red to add vibrancy and a sky blue flair button to give a pop to the page. The perfect final touch is including that 'shut the front door' label with it's blueprint style drawing. And there you have it, my reveal day layout using Citrus Twist's September kits. 


Linking up to these parties.

Sep Main Kit : Crate Paper Story Teller (Yesterday, Tomorrow, Chipboard)  Crate Paper Little Boy Blue Tag Cuts, Ormolu Bungalow Flappers, Prima Doodle-Deux Doodle-Up, Citrus Twist Exclusive Stamp, Knock Knock Your Are Here Bookmark, A Flair for Buttons, Charcoal Cardstock
Sep Add-On Paper : MME Follow Your Heart Be Amazing Soulful
Sep Embellishment Kit : Pebbles Candy Dot


8 comments:

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Love how the story unfolds...beautiful LO! :)

Maria said...

Great layout, love that graphic style!! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

What a fabulous page! I love how you used my flair Sandy! Love!

Annette said...

awesome layout...

Lis Dunn said...

Oh my goodness! I love the modern simplicity of this layout! Awesome!

Susan said...

I'm loving your explanation. Thanks for sharing!

jordanbev5 said...

Love your layout!

Ashley C said...

Love the layout! The long thin strip of photos is very enticing.